sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] MySQL 5.0

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: David Brown <dmlb2000 AT gmail.com>
  • To: SM Discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] MySQL 5.0
  • Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2005 11:49:57 -0800

I can go ahead and update the spell to 5.0.x and allow installation of
4.x.  Currently there isn't a devel version to install.  How does that
sound?

That's great :)

I far as the InnoDB engine default..of course easy to change, but I
don't know enough about it.

Well the MyISAM engine seems to blow right over foreign keys in the create table statements, the tables are created successfully but the 'on delete cascade' statements (and similar) don't process properly

In order to use MySQL at work I had to switch engines to InnoDB 'cause the cascading actually works ;)

- David Brown