sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Questions About Drupal Functionality and Acceptance

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Jason Flatt <jflatt AT sourcemage.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Questions About Drupal Functionality and Acceptance
  • Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2005 21:52:39 -0700

On Tuesday 27 September 2005 09:32 pm, Jason Flatt wrote:
> I'll try to answer what I know. Adam or anyone else who has more current
> or relevant information can correct me.
>
> On Tuesday 27 September 2005 06:44 pm, Jeremy Blosser (emrys) wrote:
>
> > 4) There is no real "hypertext" method for adding subpages. In a wiki
> > you can basically just reference a page that doesn't exist yet and then
> > go create it; subpages are created organically and the site grows
> > naturally. With Drupal's books, to create a subpage you have to do
> > 'create content' again and then find the page you just made in a drop
> > down and make your page off of that. It's much more organized and also a
> > good bit slower.
>
> It's possible that the current wiki module offers this, but it would need
> some reading and testing. I do agree that the process of creating a new
> page while editing another page can be a bit of a pain, and really kills
> the creative juices. Maybe the Drupal developers would be open to a
> feature request.

I just found this Drupal module (while looking for something else):

http://drupal.org/project/freelinking

"The freelinking.module for Drupal implements a filter for input formats,
creating links to existing content or links to new content creation via
automatic linking of CamelCase words or words with double-square-bracket
delimiters. It can be used 'wiki style' to provide links between content or
easy creation of new linked content. It does not implement a 'wiki' type of
content; this can be done with the flexinode module or using another core
content type like blog or story."

So, together with the Wiki module, I think this will address item 4.

--
Jason Flatt
Source Mage GNU/Linux: Linux so advanced, it may as well be magic.