sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] list spammage by team-internal discussions

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Karsten Behrmann <BearPerson AT gmx.net>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] list spammage by team-internal discussions
  • Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2005 10:56:45 +0200

Hi everyone!
I was just wondering if sm-discuss ought to be the "bazaar" place for
all discussion, even the team-internal that most other people would
not find too interesting (such as "I've done a quick search and these are
a few TODOs I've seen in the ISO generation code"), or if those should
be moved to seperate mailing lists.

If I remember my history lessons right, we supposedly once had seperate lists
for grimoire and sorcery, which were then merged into sm-discuss.

There seem to be three reasonable possibilities to me:
- Create seperate lists for teams with bunches of boring internae to discuss
- Send to sm-discuss and prefix Subject: with "{teamname}" (or something)
- Do reply-to-all's (not a good thing, IMHO)

Just a thought.
So Far,
Karsten

p.s.: I'm back and will probably remain around all the time until at least
end of this month. Devel ISO generation will soon resume at the old quick
pace, I hope. Thanks to all isofactory hosts!