sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] smgl-devel-2005071919

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Ladislav Hagara <ladislav.hagara AT unob.cz>
  • To: Karsten Behrmann <BearPerson AT gmx.net>
  • Cc: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] smgl-devel-2005071919
  • Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 17:30:15 +0200

4) When I rebooted it got to loading "sysklogd" and it stalled for about
5 minutes, faied and then tried to load it a second time which then
succceeded. I'm wondering why do we need a logging system as a default,
should the default be "none" and is it necessary to configure the
logging system at during thet install cd?

Got a point... I guess a syslog is a requirement most people have for a
box, as it eases debugging problems by a lot...

I didn't try this ISO. I don't know if there are another SYSTEM-LOGGERs.
Only FYI, according to http://ledger.sourcemage.org/provides/SYSTEM-LOGGER.php our users use metalog 63, sysklogd 34 and syslog-ng 23.

--
Got yourself a ledger.sourcemage.org account?
http://ledger.sourcemage.org/

Ladislav Hagara
Source Mage GNU/Linux Developer
http://www.sourcemage.org/