sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Better approach to firefox script

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Jeremy Blosser (emrys)" <jblosser-smgl AT firinn.org>
  • To: sm-discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Better approach to firefox script
  • Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 23:29:39 -0500

On Aug 10, Jeremy Blosser (emrys) [jblosser-smgl AT firinn.org] wrote:
> On Aug 10, David Brown [dmlb2000 AT gmail.com] wrote:
> > I attach an xfce panel button to the firefox script and find it quite
> > annoying to keep getting the profile manager when I forget to close
> > firefox on another desktop.
> >
> > I've changed the script in devel to act a little differently and would
> > like other's opinions on the change in behaviour.
>
> I've run firefox like this ever since they got -remote() working in it, and
> ran mozilla and netscape like that years before. It much improves the
> experience IMO, especially if you often run browsers on multiple desktops.

Though on further thought, it's probably more inline with the SMGL
philosophy to leave the default alone and let people modify their own
environments if they want this behaviour. I know I hate it when other
distros change the defaults to be "helpful". You could maybe put it in a
new firefox-window script or something instead.