sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] codex listing.html vs. listing.txt

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Jason Flatt <jflatt AT sourcemage.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] codex listing.html vs. listing.txt
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 18:09:28 -0700

> > On Wed, 20 Jul 2005, Andrew wrote:
> > > The only thing i can think of is distrowatch gets their info from
> > > listing.txt and including the other grimoires somehow was percieved to
> > > cause problem or something...or maybe only the html generation was
> > > updated when the two grimoires were branched.
> >
> > AFAIK only the latter reason makes sense to me. I'd say it's safe to
> > (re-)add the games and z-rejected to listings.txt.
> >
> Would be nicer to have them as separate .txt files

Andrew is correct. listing.txt was created for DistroWatch's use. I don't
remember why the Games and Z-rejected grimoires were not included. It could
have been an oversight on my part, or it could have been that there was a
reason Ladislav Bodnar did not want them in there (probably the former). I
would ask Ladislav himself (distro AT distrowatch.com) as to how he wants to
handle it. I suspect he doesn't want to have to deal with multiple files,
but I could be wrong.

--
Jason Flatt
Source Mage GNU/Linux: Linux so advanced, it may as well be magic.