sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] Adding SM mailing lists to GMane

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Adam Clark <adamsgl AT dhbit.ca>
  • To: sm-discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] Adding SM mailing lists to GMane
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 15:29:23 -0700

Hi all,

I'm looking in to subscribing the Source Mage mailing lists to gmane (as
per the tome to-do list), and I'd like your thoughts on a couple of
things:

I plan on creating gmane.linux.sourcemage.<listname> newsgroups
(possibly minus the SM- on the mailing list name), as other linux
distributions seem to do.

I believe we should make the posting permissions through gmane
"Non-Public", which means posting through gmane is only allowed for list
members.

I'm not sure that email addresses should be encrypted - doubt there's
much benefit when the mailing list archives are out in the public eye
anyway.

There's an option to add the list to www.mail-archive.com as well,
though I'm not sure we'd need or want to do that.

If you've got any thoughts on any of this, please let me know... If
nobody puts any input in I'll just go set things up how *I* figure they
should be done. muahaha.

Thanks,

-Adam