sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Differentiated user/developer/lead cloaks

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Karsten Behrmann <BearPerson AT gmx.net>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Differentiated user/developer/lead cloaks
  • Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2005 18:06:08 +0200

On Fri, 8 Jul 2005 08:29:58 -0700 (PDT)
Eric Sandall <eric AT sandall.us> wrote:

> I like this idea. ;) I'll put together a big ol' list according to
> Andrew Levstik's e-mail
> (nick.[user|wizard|mage|guru|bot|apprentice|elder].sourcemage).
Yeah, I like those names :)

> Proposed naming:
> user: User's who request a cloak and have been around for a 'while'
> (say, at least 3 months?)
good idea

> elder: A Team Lead
definitely :)

wizard, mage, guru, apprentice : I'd say free-of-choice for everyone.
I see them as meaning more-or-less the following:

wizard: Scripting-end, codes bash a lot (sorcery/ISO team)
guru : Spellkeeper, writes spells for breakfast and maintains the grimoire
mage : allrounder, a bit of each of them, like QA team or such

apprentice: New developer, not quite confident, once he/she knows their
specialities and capabilites they re-apply for one of the above
> bot/golem: self-explanatory (golem would be nicer, IMO, but freenode
> may want bot. ;))
Definitely golem, if we can get it!

> I'm not sure if we should distinguish between Sorcery and Grimoire
> developers. I'm thinking just mark both as 'wizard', move 'mage' as a
> Grimoire General Guru and remove 'apprentice'.
I'd just say people can decide for themselves which they like more and
which they think fits them best.

My thoughts,
So Far,
Karsten "BearPerson" Behrmann