sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] Differentiated user/developer/lead cloaks

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Karsten Behrmann <BearPerson AT gmx.net>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] Differentiated user/developer/lead cloaks
  • Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2005 21:48:22 +0200

Hi all!
The idea just came up on IRC to do different cloaks for users, developers and
leads, such as "afrayedknot-active-pdpc.lead.sourcemage" or
"ruskie.developer.sourcemage".
The advantage of this would be that channels such as #sourcemage or
#sourcemage-admin would just need autovoice to *.developer.sourcemage
and autoops to *.lead.sourcemage. This would reduce the hassle of
having to ask and bother for ops/voice.
If we want to overdo it, we could of course do ".sorcery.lead.sourcemage"
and such things, but I think that'd be overdoing it, especially considering
that a few devs are in two teams at the same time.
comments?
So Far,
Karsten