sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Meeting times

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Andrew \"ruskie\" Levstik" <ruskie AT mages.ath.cx>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Meeting times
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 22:22:54 +0200

Eric Sandall wrote :

> These meetings are designed to allow rapid communication between our
> Developers and Team Leads so that they can hash out any issues they
> feel they want to talk about (such as our RoadMap[1] ;)).

I thought we already do this in #sourcemage ;)

> We can still have the regular-type meeting if people want, but I (and
> others) think this format will work better for people across timezones
> as well as getting regular meetings going again (my bad, sorry :().

I think having a proper meeting every 3 months and using this
"distributed" method for the bi-monthly. Only thing is there should be
some sort of a meeting agenda.
Basicaly it should be published a day or two before on the wiki the url
put in the topic and all devs devoiced until the points there are handled.
Under the last point "Other stuff" the devs start speaking/asking but through
the current active op(shown in the topic) for permission to speak. He then
recives voice.

Bassicaly it would go something like this:
Note: CURRENTTOPIC is the topic about the person is talking about....
topic set to: current active op: sandalle |-CURRENTTOPIC-| agenda:
wiki.sourcemage.org/Agenda+$(date)
some blah blah about roadmap and so on... then
q&a round
topic set to: current active op: afreydknot |-CURRENTTOPIC-| agenda:
wiki.sourcemage.org/Agenda+$(date)
some blah blah about sorcery and so on... then
q&a round
repeat until all the points in agenda are complete.

When all that stuff from the agenda is complete then ppl request
to speak.

Hope I'm not making all of this to complex...
--
Andrew "ruskie" Levstik

http://ruskie.dtdm.org/blog/