sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] Meeting times

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Eric Sandall <eric AT sandall.us>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] Meeting times
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 13:16:42 -0700

Hi all,

There has been discussion of having meetings more often (montly or
bi-monthly), but with a slightly different tilt. Here's a quick
proposal that I'd like to get feedback on for how meetings will work:

* Meeting day: The Sunday at the beginning of the first and third
weeks of a month.
* Meeting time: All day
* Meeting place: #sourcemage-admin on irc.freenode.net
* Team Leads: Will have an IRC client at least logged into
#sourcemage-admin and will be available for at least 1 hour during that
day for discussion
* Developers: Are encouraged to spend at least an hour on the
specified day in #sourcemage-admin
* Users: May also join #sourcemage-admin on the specified day and ask
a Team Lead (marked with a +o) if they can ask their question
(#sourcemage-admin is moderated)
* Logging: Not sure on this one, but probably starting at when the
first person starts talking and when the talk ends on that day (in all
timezones ;)) will be recorded and then posted as a Meeting Log[0] by
someone's who's been logging the entire time (whomever are left shall
discuss amongst themselves who'll post).

These meetings are designed to allow rapid communication between our
Developers and Team Leads so that they can hash out any issues they
feel they want to talk about (such as our RoadMap[1] ;)).

We can still have the regular-type meeting if people want, but I (and
others) think this format will work better for people across timezones
as well as getting regular meetings going again (my bad, sorry :().

Thoughts?

-sandalle

[0] http://wiki.sourcemage.org/index.php?page=DeveloperMeetingLogs
[1] http://wiki.sourcemage.org/index.php?page=SourceMageRoadMap