sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] ARCHIVE=off

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Geoffrey Derber <gderber AT sourcemage.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] ARCHIVE=off
  • Date: Sun, 05 Jun 2005 10:19:20 -0500

I wanted to propose that we limit the use of ARCHIVE=off. The main
problem with using this variable, while it may seem pointless to create
the archive for a spell like, ipw2200-firmware (which is binary), it
limits the ability to downgrade using 'dispel -d'. If the newer version
does not work for one reason or another, adding the ARCHIVE=off variable
creates more trouble.

I'm not saying don't use it, but I would like that we only use it if
resurection breaks things (nvidia_driver), and even then, maybe try to
find out the why it does not work, and try to fix the cause.

Geoffrey Derber