sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] ARCHIVE=off

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Ladislav Hagara <ladislav.hagara AT unob.cz>
  • Cc: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] ARCHIVE=off
  • Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2005 10:20:31 +0200

I wanted to propose that we limit the use of ARCHIVE=off.

I agree. Furthermore it would be fine if we could get rid of it totally. Users can turn off creating archives via sorcery if they want.
I very often go into the cache files (/var/cache/sorcery), looking for changes between the versions. I am a little upset if I find out that the cache file is missing. I have to delete that line and cast spell again. Cache files are necessary for several SMGL projects (install ISO, Live CD, SMGL clusters, SMGL binary, ...).

--
Are we really up-to-date http://distrowatch.com/sourcemage ? :-)

Ladislav Hagara
Source Mage GNU/Linux Developer