sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] PR Team Proposal

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Sergey A. Lipnevich" <sergey AT sourcemage.org>
  • To: "Jeremy Blosser (emrys)" <jblosser-smgl AT firinn.org>
  • Cc: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] PR Team Proposal
  • Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 14:54:59 -0400

I am not an expert in this, but I believe we are very far from the tipping point
where too many developers or too many users will start getting in the way of
progress.

Sergey.

Quoting "Jeremy Blosser (emrys)" <jblosser-smgl AT firinn.org>:
Note: I'm not arguing they *aren't* good things. But many distros chase
after them with just the assumption that's what it's all about, when that
isn't necessarily the case. Many distros also never consider at the start
that there are problems and issues introduced by looking for more users or
developers, and these need to be dealt with in a manner appropriate with
the greater goals of the distribution.