sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Using 'locate' in sorcery?

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: sergey AT optimaltec.com
  • To: SM-Discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Using 'locate' in sorcery?
  • Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2005 09:53:38 -0500

Paul,

The question is, is this necessary? What new problem is solved by locate that
was not present before? Personally, I object to such changes in sorcery that
require obscure tasks such as creating the (potentially unsecure) locate
database etc. I further believe such changes must be discussed on the lists
*before* being implemented. Did I miss this discussion?

Sergey.