sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Quality Assurance Team and Security Team Leader openings.

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Eduardo Tongson <propolice AT gmail.com>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Quality Assurance Team and Security Team Leader openings.
  • Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 04:46:03 +0800

On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 12:29:03 -0800, Seth Alan Woolley
<seth AT positivism.org> wrote:
> * Handle security updates so that they happen in an efficient manner.
> This includes access to the stable grimoire and the download update
> routine. Make announcements of the updates so people are aware the
> updates are needed. Some gurus can make their own updates, but if
> they do, you should do the announcing (and integrating to stable).
> Note that I test all the updates (to various degrees) before they go
> into the stable grimoire.
>
> * Handle and audit security-related areas in Sorcery. We're pretty
> secure about how we do things, but the role primarily involves making
> sure things are sane. This can always be improved.
>
> * Making sure the base install is secure and default configurations,
> once enabled, are sane.
>
> * Ensuring the grimoire's md5s are sane and managing the gnupg
> encryption keyrings. Most gurus are already pretty well trained in
> this, so this is pretty minor.
>
> * Any other general security areas.

In case an existing team member moves up as team leader
will there be an opening for a security team member?
If yes I would like to apply as a member.
What are the requirements to be one?
According to what is outlined I'm sure I can handle
checking the default configs, securing the base install and other
general security matters.

Thanks

--
Eduardo Tongson