sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] tablet and broken POST_REMOVE

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Arwed von Merkatz <v.merkatz AT gmx.net>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] tablet and broken POST_REMOVE
  • Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 10:51:35 +0100

Hi,

there's a problem with the tablet if the PRE_REMOVE/POST_REMOVE spell
files put there are broken in some way, e.g. like the gnumeric
POST_REMOVE was broken:
Preparing to install gnumeric2
/var/state/sorcery/tablet/gnumeric2/20050308195706/spell/POST_REMOVE:
line 1: update_desktop_database: command not found
! Problem Detected !

root@Otherland:~# dispel gnumeric2
/var/state/sorcery/tablet/gnumeric2/20050308195706/spell/POST_REMOVE:
line 1: update_desktop_database: command not found

Dufflebunk told me on IRC that we can use PRE_PRE_REMOVE to fix those
files, so how would I find the tablet dir to fix it (no function for
that in libapi)?

Another question is, do we really want dispel to fail if POST_REMOVE
failed? When POST_REMOVE gets run the spell _is_ already dispelled, so
now I don't have gnumeric2 installed anymore but sorcery still thinks it
is installed.
In my opinion dispel should only fail if PRE_REMOVE or the dispel itself
fails and just issue a warning if POST_REMOVE fails. Thought on that?

http://www.sourcemage.org