sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] ISO TESTING: report on 2.4.29, test2 iso

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: David Kowis <dkowis AT shlrm.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] ISO TESTING: report on 2.4.29, test2 iso
  • Date: Fri, 04 Mar 2005 16:32:44 -0600

Benoit PAPILLAULT wrote:
Karsten Behrmann a écrit :

On Fri, 4 Mar 2005 12:00:36 -0600 (CST)
"David Kowis" <dkowis AT shlrm.org> wrote:

I'm trying to do the generated-at-ISO-build-time list for this and other
lists.

It would appear though, that other people have been modifying the
smgl.install since I declared my intent upon manipulating it. I don't
believe the devfs glitches existed in the installer I'm working off of
(henceforth referred to as "my installer".) In my installer, I've also got
the option to select udev or static dev. I don't believe the changes will
be merged into my /proj4 branch because most stuff isn't in the
smgl.install anymore. I'm using a copy of the smgl.install that was latest
as of 0.9.3, the last "stable" iso that was released.
I believe we're running into the problem of two different lines of
development again...

Well, only talking about my branch here, but...
I have not made any changes to smgl.install except for emergency fixes needed
to get it roughly running.

Unfortunately, I think, some of benoits changes to it were a little late and
thus aren't in your copy yet. But maybe some of them will be irrelevant,
and judging from sandalle's report not all of them seem to have been
completely wanted.

Is your branch running yet?
As soon as it works (about as well as the current scripts) I would be eager
to merge it into the ng-ISOs for further testing, so that the scripts can
be better tuned to one another.

So Far,
Karsten

Same here. I think there are some misunderstanding. devfs is used in the initrd on all ISO and udev/static are still proposed by the installer for the new installed system.

For the guided menu, I don't understand. Few things have been changed, nothing really visible. Maybe i forgot to initialize some variables since you can enable/disable guided menu.

Like Karsten, I'm pretty much waiting on David's work to be our next stable installer. In the meantime, I will use what i've used so far :-)

And last but not the least, I really appreciate reports from Eric Schabell. All people testing the ISO should report here like he is doing. Thanks Erics for your time and feedback!

Benoit PAPILLAULT, ISO guru