sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] ISO TESTING: report on 2.4.29, test2 iso

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Karsten Behrmann <BearPerson AT gmx.net>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] ISO TESTING: report on 2.4.29, test2 iso
  • Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2005 19:13:04 +0100

On Fri, 4 Mar 2005 12:00:36 -0600 (CST)
"David Kowis" <dkowis AT shlrm.org> wrote:

> I'm trying to do the generated-at-ISO-build-time list for this and other
> lists.
>
> It would appear though, that other people have been modifying the
> smgl.install since I declared my intent upon manipulating it. I don't
> believe the devfs glitches existed in the installer I'm working off of
> (henceforth referred to as "my installer".) In my installer, I've also got
> the option to select udev or static dev. I don't believe the changes will
> be merged into my /proj4 branch because most stuff isn't in the
> smgl.install anymore. I'm using a copy of the smgl.install that was latest
> as of 0.9.3, the last "stable" iso that was released.
> I believe we're running into the problem of two different lines of
> development again...

Well, only talking about my branch here, but...
I have not made any changes to smgl.install except for emergency fixes needed
to get it roughly running.

Unfortunately, I think, some of benoits changes to it were a little late and
thus aren't in your copy yet. But maybe some of them will be irrelevant,
and judging from sandalle's report not all of them seem to have been
completely wanted.

Is your branch running yet?
As soon as it works (about as well as the current scripts) I would be eager
to merge it into the ng-ISOs for further testing, so that the scripts can
be better tuned to one another.

So Far,
Karsten