sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] glibc - test grimoire

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Andrew <afrayedknot AT thefrayedknot.armory.com>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] glibc - test grimoire
  • Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 11:45:01 -0800

On Tue, Feb 22, 2005 at 08:34:12PM +0100, Arwed von Merkatz wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 22, 2005 at 09:53:00AM -0800, Eric Sandall wrote:
> > Quoting Seth Alan Woolley <seth AT positivism.org>:
> > <snip>
> > > Arwed, Eric, shall I do this? How long after I do this do we bump gcc
> > > 3.4.x to test?
> >
> > I'd say glibc is just about ready for stable if we don't receive any more
> > reports of breakage by tomorrow (February 23, 2005).
>
> Sounds good.
>
> > As for gcc, I believe it's ready to go as well except for it breaking the
> > compilation of openoffice[0]. Arwed?
>
> I was thinking of waiting until glibc hits the stable grimoire before
> getting gcc to test so the stable users don't have two major upgrades at
> the same time. Not sure what to do with it breaking openoffice. How many
> people are actually crazy enough to compile that beast from source?
> Other than that gcc 3.4 can go in as soon as the glibc update in stable
> is done.

I think that the advantages of having gcc 3.4 in test out-weigh having
the open office spell broken temporarily.

-Andrew

|Andrew D. Stitt | astitt at sourcemage.org |
|irc: afrayedknot | afrayedknot at t.armory.com |
|aim: thefrayedknot or iteratorplusplus | acedit at armory.com |
|Sorcery Team Lead | ftp://t.armory.com/ |