sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] Re: deprecating spells in graphics section.(zgv, xzgv, xv)

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: David Braaten <c_xiticix AT yahoo.com>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] Re: deprecating spells in graphics section.(zgv, xzgv, xv)
  • Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 14:52:04 -0800 (PST)

Ah, xv is more popular than I realized. :)
I will move it to z-rejected, though, as Robert
pointed out, it is not GPL. (It appears to be a kind
of shareware)

can anyone make the case for keeping zgv?
zgv - an svgalib image viewer.

I don't care for xzgv, but I don't have a strong
reason to remove it.
xzgv - the same image viewer, ported to X.
(gtk+/imlib)

----
Other image viewers we currently have:
qiv - fast, easy. (gtk+/imlib)
iv - also fast, easy (gtk+/imlib)
gimageview - overly complicated interface (gtk+2)
gqview - the best, if you have gtk+2 installed (gtk+2)
----

I'm reviewing other spells in my section that appear
stagnant and disused. I think I had better take a poll
next time before I decide to deprecate stuff
shotgun-style ;) But seriously, do other sections
maintainers have spells they would like to clear out
in order to keep sections reasonably sized ?

_