sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Re: deprecating spells in graphics section.(zgv, xzgv, xv)

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Andrew <afrayedknot AT thefrayedknot.armory.com>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Re: deprecating spells in graphics section.(zgv, xzgv, xv)
  • Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 15:09:41 -0800

I dont think theres a policy of removing spells just because they are old,
if they still build and generally work then I dont think its right to
just remove them because you want to and dont think anyone is using them.
The only policy I know of in this regard is if the project isnt maintained
anymore AND it doesnt build/work due to bitrot. That doesnt appear to be
the case with any of those spells, therefore theres no real reason to
remove them other than an artificial desire to make your section smaller...

If your section is unreasonably sized, maybe we need another section
rather than just removing spells willy-nilly?

-Andrew