sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] sorcery, resurrect and you

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Andrew <afrayedknot AT thefrayedknot.armory.com>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] sorcery, resurrect and you
  • Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2005 10:52:41 -0800

On Sat, Feb 12, 2005 at 03:16:06PM +0100, neuron wrote:
> > Some of you may know that we (the sorcery team) have undergone a project
> > to modernize the resurrect feature of sorcery. I have the new version
> > prototyped in a sorcery sub-branch (//sgl/sorcery/proj/proj3). I've
> > tested it and I believe it works. A recently updated specification for
> > it is here: http://wiki.sourcemage.org/index.php?page=Improved+Resurrect
> > This will fix several sorcery bugs and is a committed sorcery 1.12
> > feature.
>
> I have to say WOW. That looks impressive. My feeling is something like
> 'it should be that way a long time ago' :)

Thanks, I guess :-) I agree this probably long overdue, but its also
kinda boring (at least to me) which is why its taken me over 2 months
to actually get it done (of course i re-wrote it from scratch several
times along the way)

> > Since this is a pretty substantial feature I am requesting feedback on
> > it. Also if any brave souls want to test it before I force it upon you,
> > feel free to install from the proj/proj3 branch, I'll be happy to post
> > a tarball for non-developers who dont have access to our repository if
> > they are interested. Also if there are things you think that should be
> > different than what is listed in the spec please bring them up now so
> > we can discuss them. Thank you.
>
> Do you have any idea on when you're be forcing us ? :) I will try to
> break it on my test machine during monday if it's sufficient for you.

I was planning on waiting a week or so for comments to come in on the
design and for issues to come up and be fixed. But its all dependent on
if a discussion on the design is needed, and when a consensus is reached,
and how stable the code feels based on initial tests.

-Andrew

|Andrew D. Stitt | astitt at sourcemage.org |
|irc: afrayedknot | afrayedknot at t.armory.com |
|aim: thefrayedknot or iteratorplusplus | acedit at armory.com |
|Sorcery Team Lead | ftp://t.armory.com/ |