sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] sorcery, resurrect and you

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Andrew <afrayedknot AT thefrayedknot.armory.com>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] sorcery, resurrect and you
  • Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 20:50:47 -0800

Some of you may know that we (the sorcery team) have undergone a project
to modernize the resurrect feature of sorcery. I have the new version
prototyped in a sorcery sub-branch (//sgl/sorcery/proj/proj3). I've
tested it and I believe it works. A recently updated specification for
it is here: http://wiki.sourcemage.org/index.php?page=Improved+Resurrect
This will fix several sorcery bugs and is a committed sorcery 1.12 feature.

Since this is a pretty substantial feature I am requesting feedback on
it. Also if any brave souls want to test it before I force it upon you,
feel free to install from the proj/proj3 branch, I'll be happy to post
a tarball for non-developers who dont have access to our repository if
they are interested. Also if there are things you think that should be
different than what is listed in the spec please bring them up now so
we can discuss them. Thank you.

-Andrew

|Andrew D. Stitt | astitt at sourcemage.org |
|irc: afrayedknot | afrayedknot at t.armory.com |
|aim: thefrayedknot or iteratorplusplus | acedit at armory.com |
|Sorcery Team Lead | ftp://t.armory.com/ |