sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] ISO contrib file

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Seth Alan Woolley <seth AT positivism.org>
  • To: Benoit PAPILLAULT <benoit.papillault AT sourcemage.org>
  • Cc: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] ISO contrib file
  • Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 14:37:24 -0800

On Fri, Feb 11, 2005 at 09:24:10PM +0100, Benoit PAPILLAULT wrote:
> Seth Alan Woolley a écrit :
> >I would add that the GPL FAQ is not legally binding, either, and the
> >ChangeLog should suffice for what the FSF is getting at.
>
> Where do we can seek for a legally binding then? I thought at least that
> the GPL FAQ would have been the best place to have some guidelines (if
> it's not legally binding).

The text of the GPL itself is the legally binding part. Our social
contract is also legally binding. legal bounds are determined by
guesswork by lawyers and settled in courts with precedents. The GPL has
not been fully legally tested in judged court decisions, so we're at
"guesswork" stage.

Seth

Key id EF10E21A = 36AD 8A92 8499 8439 E6A8 3724 D437 AF5D EF10 E21A
http://smgl.positivism.org:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xEF10E21A
Security Team Leader Source Mage GNU/Linux http://www.sourcemage.org