sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] x86/ppc/x86_64 test ISO available

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Mathieu L." <lejatorn AT smgl.homelinux.net>
  • To: SM Discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] x86/ppc/x86_64 test ISO available
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 18:26:29 +0100

<snip>

> > - NPTL support : all installed system have NPTL enabled with the
> >2.6.9 kernel.
>
> I believe people are wanting the following options for x86 (the rest
> I'm not sure on):
> * x86 2.4
> * x86 2.6 non-NPTL
> * x86 2.6 NPTL (optional)

I know I've been out of the discussions lately but I just wanted to
state I'm not the one who's gonna complain if the x86 2.6 iso IS NPTL.

Sorry for my lack of knowledge but I don't understand why you people are
so reluctant with NPTL, what are its drawbacks?

Thanks for the hard-work, I promise I'll test teh isos as soon as I have
more time.

Mathieu.
--
We are Microsoft. Linux is irrelevant.
Openness is futile. Prepare to be assimilated.