sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] x86/ppc/x86_64 test ISO available

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Karsten Behrmann <BearPerson AT gmx.net>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] x86/ppc/x86_64 test ISO available
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 21:04:11 +0100

> Apparently some programs do not work with NPTL and it's labeled
> impossible to convert from an NPTL system to non-NPTL.
<irony>
Actually, it's not impossible, all you have to do is:
hack libtrack to make invoke_installwatch call find -xdev /
and devoke_installwatch too,
then compare those two files in parse_iwlog and find the files
that got added.
(installwatch doesn't work with static binaries)
You then have to rebuild *everything* static, including binutils
and gcc and some others where you have to hack the spell according
to LFS to make them really static.
Then simply dispel glibc and cast a new one.
Rebuild everything non-static, you're done.
I'ts really not impossible.
</irony>
I did that once, it is very hard for a non-sorcery hacker.
But I figured I'd tell the way in case anyone is interested in trying to
do so again.
So Far,
Karsten