sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] php gaze script

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Duane Malcolm <d.malcolm AT auckland.ac.nz>
  • To: sm-discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] php gaze script
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 12:52:53 +1300

Hi,

I've written a gaze.php script to allow some gaze functionality on the sourcemage website. This script will allow:
1. quick reference to a spell summary
2. basic spell searching
3. robust links from other websites, e.g., if xmms-weasel was to link to sourcemage to acknowledge our support of their package. This method would be robust because the link is independent from what grimoire and section the spell is stored in and the file system.
4. Sourcemage can then get more exposure.

This script is very developmental and I don't have much time to further develop it. However, with your help we can get it to a pretty good state.

You can help by reviewing my script and suggesting improvements, problems, and security issues.

I have attached the gaze.php.

Below are some examples of the script working:
[0] http://www.bioeng.auckland.ac.nz/people/malcolm/smgl/gaze.php?spell=j2sdk-bin&grimoire=z-rejected
[1] http://www.bioeng.auckland.ac.nz/people/malcolm/smgl/gaze.php?spell=octave&grimoire=z-rejected
[2] http://www.bioeng.auckland.ac.nz/people/malcolm/smgl/gaze.php?spell=xmms-weasel
[3] http://www.bioeng.auckland.ac.nz/people/malcolm/smgl/gaze.php?spell=blah

Cheers, Duane.

<<< text/html; name="gaze.php": Unrecognized >>>