sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] firewall script, again...

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Thomas HOUSSIN <thomas.houssin AT gmail.com>
  • To: sm-discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] firewall script, again...
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 00:21:17 +0100

Hi all,

Here is a new version of the firewall spell I sent here a few weeks ago.
Includes :
- firewall_perso, the script itself, to be copied in /usr/sbin/firewall_perso
- firewall_flush, to flush all rules
- firewall_perso.conf, the config file. It needs to be copied in /etc,
and edited with your settings.
- firewall, a script for init.d. It just run the firewall_perso script.
- update-ip, a script to update your config file with your new IP and
rerun the firewall. If you use pppd to connect, just copying this file
to /etc/ppp/ip-up should update your IP and launch the firewall each
time you reconnect. It can also be run in init script, if your IP can
change.

For now, no NAT, but I'll work on that. I tried to include in the
config file all that I could need. If it could be integrated into
devel, that would allow me to have some bugs reports and new features
requests. (if this is possible, I can write the spell)

About PROVIDES, it would be useful to have a PROVIDES=firewall
(running several iptables-based firewalls isn't a good idea)

Last thing : IMHO SM should propose to install a firewall, for example
as an optional dependency of basesystem. I think this is getting more
and more useful nowadays...

Thomas

--
"[...] Tantôt sonnera l'heure où le divin Hasard,
Où l'auguste Vertu, ton épouse encor vierge,

de Charles Baudelaire, "L'Horloge"