sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] glibc

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Craig Dyke <grail AT westnet.com.au>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] glibc
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 19:08:08 +0800

As usual I should have provided some more detail:

I had recently trialed some other distros and then went and got latest iso from site (i believe still 0.9.3)

After install, I did the following:

Changed to devel sorcery
Added z-rejected and test grimoires
Removed stable grimoire.
Did a sorcery update and then system update.
During system update I compiled the 2.6.10 stable kernel.

My past experiences with rebuild have lead me to then do the following:

cast gcc
cast glibc
hold gcc glibc and linux

I was upto second step above (cast glibc) when after watching a movie and coming back to only see text racing off the screen.
After pressing ctrl-c I saw lines saying that there was no such file like /bin/rm.

I then booted into windblows and sent first email.
Then after trying to go back I sent second email as could no longer get past a kernel panic (will try suggestion from Eric init=/bin/bash)

As for NPTL, I am only using this if it is the default option as I only selected my location and left the rest as default.

Hope this makes some kind of sense.

Craig