sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] [Cauldron] Meeting Planning

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Karsten Behrmann <BearPerson AT gmx.net>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] [Cauldron] Meeting Planning
  • Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2005 19:54:55 +0100

O> Currently, it requires around 5GB to 10GB of disk space. The scripts are
> not fully automated, but close. It requires manual installation the
> first time since it needs a working chroot system. It also need root
> access. It also need of course an Internet access to download all the
> required sources and compile them.

This can change...
We just need to modify the scripts so that they use only the cache tarballs,
then all we have to send you is some vanilla i386 cache tarballs and update
them
regularly. So really all neccessary would be to download the newest scripts
and
run them, once we get this down right.
So Far,
Karsten