sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] MSB: simpleinit-msb will be discontinued

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Bas van Gils <Bas.vanGils AT cs.ru.nl>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] MSB: simpleinit-msb will be discontinued
  • Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2004 08:17:05 +0100

On Tue, Dec 07, 2004 at 03:47:02PM -0800, Seth Alan Woolley wrote:
> I'm all for moving to his new system if it pans out. Although I think
> we could get better mileage out of a pure bash init. ;)

Hi,

Just out of curiosity: Does anyone have a clue why the "maintainer" of
simpleinit-msb would want to stop maintaining it and start (yet) another
init-project? What's wrong with simpleinit-msb? I really like it (especially
the fact that I can do just about everything with `telinit`). I'm not really
in the mood for switching again, despite the good HOWTO on our Wiki last
time..

Cheers

Bas

--
<Bas.vanGils AT cs.ru.nl> - GPG Key ID: 2768A493 - http://www.cs.ru.nl/~basvg
Radboud University Nijmegen Institute for Computing and Information Sciences