sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Request for Sorcery Volunteers

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Benoit PAPILLAULT <benoit.papillault AT sourcemage.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Request for Sorcery Volunteers
  • Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 18:52:19 +0100

Andrew a écrit :

no one said it wasnt...but i guess you can be overly pedantic, pedantic
documentation can be helpful, I believe this is actually documented on
the wiki as well. I strongly dislike duplicate documentation especially
when no one is around to fix it, and I dont know where it is. Theres
a vast body of documentation of sorcery on the wiki, but I dont have
time to update it, Im busy enough keeping the new things documented,
and writing the new code. When we had an active docs team most stuff
was documented, or would be updated when things changed. Perhaps you're
really just volunteering to be docs team lead? I thought you were on
the iso team?

OK. Here's my conclusion and plan:

I'm part of ISO team (still...). I need some documentation about sorcery. I thought good software was done by implementing good documentation. But on Source Mage, nobody cares/need documenting before writing code. This make bugs hard to find and fix.

So, since i need it for the ISO, I will document whatever I need and fill bugs if something does not behaves like it's documented (wether in my docs or elsewhere). Furthermore, since I might need features/bug fix that are not in stable sorcery/grimoire (like the installwatch fix or a correct resurect feature), I will implement them in separate script and will fix the spell I need in devel grimoire myself.

Benoit PAPILLAULT, ISO team