sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] please be more careful with spells

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Arjan Bouter <a_bouter AT ezrs.com>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] please be more careful with spells
  • Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 13:48:55 +0100

On Mon, 8 Nov 2004 11:44:39 -0800
Eric Sandall <eric AT sandall.us> wrote:

> Quoting Andrew <afrayedknot AT thefrayedknot.armory.com>:
> > I think what we really need is a QA team to organize and help facilitate
> > this.
>
> So we'd have our gurus put their changes into devel, and then the QA Team
> would verify that those changes don't break and pull into test and stable as
> needed? I like this idea, but do we have enough people to do it?
>
> -sandalle

The idea of having a QA team is great, although i think that atm we could use
their time better on fixing/updating the spells.
With my mail I was more looking for common sense. Blindly applying patches to
new versions of software hardly ever works.

What we could do is let the section gurus take spells from devel to test, as
they tend to have more knowledge about the spells in their section.

Arjan

+=======
Source Mage GNU/Linux developer,
Linux so advanced, it may as well be magic.
http://www.sourcemage.org

Registered as user #310617 with the Linux Counter,
http://counter.li.org.
+===