sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] please be more careful with spells

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Bas van Gils <Bas.vanGils AT cs.ru.nl>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] please be more careful with spells
  • Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2004 08:18:00 +0100

On Mon, Nov 08, 2004 at 01:25:56AM +0100, Arjan Bouter wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> Allow me to gently remind people to be careful with spells. Please take
> extra care if a spell applies patches, as these might not work with
> the new version of a spell.
[ ... ]

I agree that spells should be *tested* and/or *checked*. From the top of my
head, I thought that the procedure was:
- playground => devel grimoire, may contain spells that don't build / break
stuff
- if it builds => move into test
- if it runs stable for a (long) while => move to stable

Right?

Bas

--
<Bas.vanGils AT cs.ru.nl> - GPG Key ID: 2768A493 - http://www.cs.ru.nl/~basvg
Radboud University Nijmegen Institute for Computing and Information Sciences