sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Mirrors removed from SORCERY (only smgl central site)

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Eric Schabell <eschabell AT sourcemage.org>
  • To: SM-Discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Mirrors removed from SORCERY (only smgl central site)
  • Date: Sat, 9 Oct 2004 10:17:05 +0200

> > > Im certainly not risking all of our work on the trust of some servers
> > > I have no control over mirroring the bits I think they're mirroring,
> > > let-alone getting those bits via insecure protocols.

It amazes me....

I have been hosting this for users in Europe long before we ever started
using ibiblio... too bad we don't want to provide fallbacks, and I will
just have to edit my sorcery url by hand I guess to avoid having to go
to the usa for my updates.

I guess we should also kill the p2p idea, this is also not "safe" and we
might just get corrupted sourcemage tarballs. At least everyone can get
focused back on releasing 1.0 by the ***cough, cough*** deadline! ;-)

Thanks for taking the time to explain your security concept to me
and let me know if you intend to include my links or not (once and for all).
I can then free up some space on my site by removing the SMGL stuff...

erics
--
Eric D. Schabell M.Sc. - Z-Rejected Guru
irc.freenode.net (#sourcemage), nick -> erics