sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Linux Standard Base v2.0

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Seth Alan Woolley <seth AT positivism.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Linux Standard Base v2.0
  • Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 23:11:01 -0700

On Tue, Sep 14, 2004 at 05:49:45PM -0700, Andrew wrote:
> Applications shall either be packaged in the RPM packaging format as
> defined in this specification, or supply an installer which is LSB
> conforming (for example, calls LSB commands and utilities).
>
> Since I think we dont use anything too exotic in sorcery we're okay,
> except for maybe dialog :-/ Dialog isn't on their list of standard lsb
> commands/utilities [2].

sorcery doesn't really need dialog.

> However I dont think our init system really fits too well with their
> notion of init system [3].

It would only need some short scripts for installing the init scripts,
from my reading -- very simple. And perhaps a few function additions to
our functions available to an init script.

Note that the comments section is very explicit in that it applies to
programs, not execution environments (such as sourcemage), so we don't
need to follow that.

Doesn't seem that hard at all.

Key id EF10E21A = 36AD 8A92 8499 8439 E6A8 3724 D437 AF5D EF10 E21A
http://smgl.positivism.org:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xEF10E21A
Security Team Leader Source Mage GNU/Linux http://www.sourcemage.org