sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Linux Standard Base v2.0

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Seth Alan Woolley <seth AT positivism.org>
  • To: evraire AT tuwg.com
  • Cc: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Linux Standard Base v2.0
  • Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 10:48:41 -0700

As long as our components are LSB compliant and we are FHS compliant in
installing those components, it should be fairly simple to be LSB
compliant ourselves. They might need different core library versions
than we have installed, but I'm sure we could have different spells for
older libraries setup dependent upon an 'LSB-compliance' metaspell, or
do they use sysvinit by standard? In which case, we may want to see if
we can accomodate sysvinit through some hack. Does anybody know what's
actually mandated by the standard?

Seth

On Tue, Sep 14, 2004 at 05:30:05PM -0000, evraire AT tuwg.com wrote:
> Looks like a new version of the Linux Standard Base is now available, and a
> lot of big Linux vendors have commited to it:

Key id EF10E21A = 36AD 8A92 8499 8439 E6A8 3724 D437 AF5D EF10 E21A
http://smgl.positivism.org:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xEF10E21A
Security Team Leader Source Mage GNU/Linux http://www.sourcemage.org