sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Gettext . . .

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Jason Flatt <jason AT flattfamily.com>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Gettext . . .
  • Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2004 14:48:34 +0000

On Friday 27 August 2004 3:25 pm, Eric Sandall wrote:

> If you have the time and inclination, please continue. As Arjan pointed out
> some laptops (such as mine as well ;() have very limited disk space.
> Removing gettext also removes extra steps some spells would have to go
> through and reduces some of the complexity. I'm all for it and would use it
> on at least my laptop.
>
> -sandalle

I'm starting to run into a problem in doing this little project. It seems
that as I am going through locating and modifying spells, spells I've already
modified are being modified in the main grimoires and then requiring me to
re-apply my changes to the updated spells.

While what I have done so far is good for a base system and basic xorg
functionality, I really haven't done enough to consider it ready for prime
time yet. I had planned on installing and setting up Prometheus as I suspect
that will help in decreasing the time it take to get through the grimoires
(stable/test, games & z-rejected), but I haven't had a chance to do that yet.

What I'm wondering is if we could add a grimoire to Perforce (I call mine
nogettext, but whatever) so that if there are others who are also interested
in this and can help out, it might speed things up. Maybe there's another
way of getting it done that I haven't though of?

Thoughts, opinions, comments?

--
Jason Flatt (jason @ flattfamily . com)
Father of five (http://www.flattfamily.com/)