sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] cleanse --fix

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Paul Mahon <dufflebunk AT dufflebunk.homeip.net>
  • To: sm-discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] cleanse --fix
  • Date: Mon, 06 Sep 2004 15:27:09 -0400

On IRC several people have reported that cleanse --fix detects that half
their system is broken and tries to rebuild many, many spells. This is
likely due to the overly eager md5sum check. It currently checks all
files listed in the install log. We haven't decided what should be
excluded from the check yet. So if it's a problem for you, I'd suggest
turning off the md5sum check in sorcery for a couple of weeks.

  • [SM-Discuss] cleanse --fix, Paul Mahon, 09/06/2004