sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Gettext . . .

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Andrew <afrayedknot AT thefrayedknot.armory.com>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Gettext . . .
  • Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 09:59:43 -0700

> As I often use a laptop (where hd space is limited), every spell I can go
> without is welcome. The question is, do we gain much space by not using
> gettext?
> Is there a speed increase? Any other advantages?

One advantage for me is, I have had a number of problems trying to update
gettext along with the packages that need it. If all the base packages use
it and its updated they wont find their library and thus they wont run.

-Andrew

|Andrew D. Stitt | astitt at sourcemage.org |
|irc: afrayedknot | afrayedknot at t.armory.com |
|aim: thefrayedknot or iteratorplusplus | |
|Sorcery Team Lead, Porting Team Lead | |
|Grimoire Guru ham/smgl | ftp://t.armory.com |
|Author and Maintainer of Prometheus | |