sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] cdrw problem

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Eric Womack <eric AT sourcemage.com>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] cdrw problem
  • Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2004 12:48:34 -0700

On Sunday 22 August 2004 05:39 am, Treeve Jelbert wrote:
> until a few days ago, I had a scsi cdrw and ide cdrom on my system
>
> I used k3b to burn cd's without problem
>
> I now have an atapi dvdrw (hdc) and scsi cdrw (sr0).
>
> k3b now shows hdc as a writer and sr0 as reader, however I am unable to
> select a cd writer, although both devices are shown as cdrw capable. The
> devices have the correct permissions.
>
> I can select a dvd writer, but don't have any blank dvd at the moment!
>

> several bits of software have changed in the last few days, since I last
> burned a cd.
>
> linux-2.6.8.1
> cdrtools-2.01a37
>
> does anyone have any ideas as to the cause of the problem?
>

> Regards, Treeve

Since you mentioned k3b, did you re-run k3bsetup? It has to be re-run
everytime one of the dependant components is updated (cdrtools, etc.).

--
Eric Womack
Grimoire Guru - KDE

---
pub 1024D/1B5C6D58 2003-02-14 Eric Womack (http://www.sourcemage.org)
<eric AT sourcemage.com>
Key fingerprint = 2838 866A E5F9 1719 05CC 8BF3 99AE 101B 1B5C 6D58
sub 1024g/2C8B97C3 2003-02-14
Public Key: http://www.sourcemage.com/Eric.pgp
---
Rule a nation with justice.
Wage war with surprise moves.
Become master of the universe without striving.
How do I know that this is so?
Because of this!

The more laws and restrictions there are,
The poorer people become.
The sharper men's weapons,
The more trouble in the land.
The more ingenious and clever men are,
The more strange things happen.
The more rules and regulations,
The more thieves and robbers.

Therefore the sage says:
I take no action and people are reformed.
I enjoy peace and people become honest.
I do nothing and people become rich.
I have no desires and people return to the good and simple life.