sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] cdrw problem

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Jose Bernardo Silva" <jbs AT bandos.homelinux.com>
  • To: Treeve Jelbert <treeve01 AT pi.be>, sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] cdrw problem
  • Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2004 14:04:21 +0100

On Sun, 22 Aug 2004 14:39:00 +0200, Treeve Jelbert wrote
> until a few days ago, I had a scsi cdrw and ide cdrom on my system
>
> I used k3b to burn cd's without problem
>
> I now have an atapi dvdrw (hdc) and scsi cdrw (sr0).
>
> k3b now shows hdc as a writer and sr0 as reader, however I am unable
> to select a cd writer, although both devices are shown as cdrw
> capable. The devices have the correct permissions.
>
> I can select a dvd writer, but don't have any blank dvd at the moment!
>
> several bits of software have changed in the last few days, since I
> last burned a cd.
>
> linux-2.6.8.1

This is your problem. There is a bug in 2.6.8.1, where you can only burn CDs
as root.
No cure yet...

---
Jose Bernardo B R Silva | Source Mage GNU/Linux Section Guru
jbernardo AT sourcemage.org | http://www.sourcemage.org
http://counter.li.org #245602
http://cosmos.oninetspeed.pt/jose.bernardo
jbs AT bandos.homelinux.com