sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] palm tungsten & jpilot

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Bas van Gils <Bas.vanGils AT cs.ru.nl>
  • To: Discuss-list <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] palm tungsten & jpilot
  • Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2004 08:26:09 +0200

On Thu, Aug 12, 2004 at 08:24:32PM +0000, Jason Flatt wrote:
> > I recently (yesterday) received my Palm (Tungsten). Nice toy, works like a
> > charm. Jpilot does a good job for keeping in sync with the palm. However,
> > today I wanted to upload a PDF file to my palm. No such luck with the
> > tools
> > I found...
>
> I haven't been able to get JPilot to install any files. KPilot, however,
> works just fine.

Hmm.. Guess I'll have to cast KDE + KPilot some time, then.

> You probably don't have it in the correct location. They need to be in a
> directory called /PALM/Launcher (I don't think case is sensitive, but
> that's
> how it is on my card).

I did that ....

> Plus, on my Palm, the files were converted from PDF to PDB (which I did on a
> Windows PC), so just copying them may not be enough.

Ah! that's probably the trick then :-) I didn't know that they were converted
to PDB.

> It's entirely probable that someone has created a utility to convert PDF
> files in to the Palm PDB format, and then you might be able to just copy
> them over. I would search SourceForge.net for that.

Thanks for the explanation... I might be a "life saver" :-)

Bas -rushes of to Google/SourceFore- van Gils

--
<Bas.vanGils AT cs.ru.nl> GPG Key ID: 2768A493 - http://www.cs.ru.nl/~basvg
Radbout university nijmegen institute for computing and information sciences