sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] palm tungsten & jpilot

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Jason Flatt <jason AT flattfamily.com>
  • To: Bas van Gils <Bas.vanGils AT cs.ru.nl>, Discuss-list <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] palm tungsten & jpilot
  • Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 20:24:32 +0000

On Thursday 12 August 2004 6:15 pm, Bas van Gils wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I recently (yesterday) received my Palm (Tungsten). Nice toy, works like a
> charm. Jpilot does a good job for keeping in sync with the palm. However,
> today I wanted to upload a PDF file to my palm. No such luck with the tools
> I found...

I haven't been able to get JPilot to install any files. KPilot, however,
works just fine.

> My second attempt was to copy the .pdf file on my sd card and stuff that in
> the palm, hoping that Acrobat (installed on the Palm) would see it. No such
> luck either. It seems that the only way to upload .pdf documents to the
> palm is to use the w*ndows Acrobat software with PalmDesktop..? That can't
> be right... Anyone know the fix for this?
>
> Bas

You probably don't have it in the correct location. They need to be in a
directory called /PALM/Launcher (I don't think case is sensitive, but that's
how it is on my card). Plus, on my Palm, the files were converted from PDF
to PDB (which I did on a Windows PC), so just copying them may not be enough.

It's entirely probable that someone has created a utility to convert PDF
files
in to the Palm PDB format, and then you might be able to just copy them over.

I would search SourceForge.net for that.

--
Jason Flatt (jason @ flattfamily . com)
Father of five (http://www.flattfamily.com/)