sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Problem with nvidia_driver

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Wolfgang Scheicher <worf AT sbox.tu-graz.ac.at>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Problem with nvidia_driver
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 08:24:36 +0200

Am Thursday 22 July 2004 17:49 schrieb Robin Sheat:
> [ ... Problems ... ]

*) NVIDIA_driver builds fine in tmpfs
I use it myself that way

*) NVIDIA_driver has Stuff in it's makefile that fails if X is allready
running - causing the whole spell to fail
( unloading the old module, don't remember at the moment if it also fails if
is running with a other driver )
Maybe one ( me ) should add some additional checks for that and give some
Warnings...

*) you got "rmdir: `<dir>': Device or resource busy" before unpacking the
sources - that propably means that the tmpfs with the stuff from the failed
build before couldn't be unmounted for some reason ( still in use? )
anyway, this is weird, because i got my tmpfs build dirs unmounted eaven when
having a shell open viewing files inside...

Worf