sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] root spell

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Andrew <afrayedknot AT thefrayedknot.armory.com>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] root spell
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 11:08:55 -0700

I vote for naming the spell cern_root. Im not the license expert so
I've made no discernable motion in either direction for where the spell
should go.

In regards to the sorcery issue you were seeing. Cleanse does nothing
with /etc/sorcery/local/depends/ files.

My guess as to what happened is that you were trying to stuff some
rather interesting things into persistent variables somehow and cast got
confused. Having not really seen your messed up root/root.p files in action
and not having a clear idea what your spell was doing i cant really help
you too much there, but if the problem went away after cleaning up those
(probably corrupted) files then I would venture to guess that theres
nothing sorcery was doing wrong.

The reason why I was so animated about not putting configuration questions
in PRE_BUILD is that my philosophy is that all interaction should occur
before the "do you want to cast these spells?" question. After that
point the user should be able to walk away, granted that may not always
be the case, but we should strive to make it that way.

-Andrew