sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] history files

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Eric Sandall <eric AT sandall.us>
  • To: Hamish Greig <hgreig AT bigpond.net.au>
  • Cc: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] history files
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 19:22:52 -0700

Quoting Hamish Greig <hgreig AT bigpond.net.au>:
> yes you missed all the HISTORY entries.
> I am not asking you to try to actually change history, you can write a wiki
> page all about me if you want and anyone with access to perforce can see
> exactly what I did, the simple point is I do not support smgl any longer and
>
> continuing to distribute the name and email adress of someone like me, who
> left your community due to conscience, moral and ethics reasons is wrong.
> I am not asking for much. I am not saying all of your work is not good. I am
>
> not saying your distro is crap. This is not about the quality of smgl itself
>
> or a refutation of anything you have achieved since I left, just an
> objection
>
> to the values and ethos of the smgl community. Whether I am right to object
> to what happened so strongly is not in question, I objected so I left the
> community, six months later I still object and I find it dishonest for you
>
> be distributing my name and email, unqualified, as a part of your community
> when I have in fact left it.
> Hamish

As I said, we are not removing anything from HISTORY[0]. If you are not okay
with that, fine, leave (oh wait, you already did...), but I am tired of
hearing
you rant about having something done which we are not about to do (changing
history)[1].

-sandalle

[0] Well, typos can be fixed, but that's not removal.
[1] Yes, yes, we can "put up a page" to explain it all, but then we might as
well keep it in the history files. And Perforce may not always be around, or
the database lost, etc., so that is not a catch all either.