sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] ISO size and locale availability

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: ""Jimmy Yen(顏孝杰)"" <jimmy AT yen.tp>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] ISO size and locale availability
  • Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 16:29:17 +0800

Wolfgang Scheicher wrote:

Am Dienstag, 30. März 2004 03:37 schrieb Hamish Greig:

Can I get some idea of how people feel about me removing most of the locale
stuff from the iso_root ?

I don't think that anyone with enough knowledge for a distribution like sourcemage has a problem with that.
And as long as we don't have translations for the distribution stuff, why eaven ponder about putting translations for other stuff on the iso?

As long as i can select local mirrors for stuff, and my local timezone, and the local keyboard layout, i'm fine :-)

Worf

I'm fine with that too. Actually Asian (CJK) languages don't even display without a framebuffer console so I don't really care.

Now that this got mentioned, do we also want a localepurge-like tool to remove unwanted locale data?