sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] udev and devfs

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Jason Flatt <jason AT flattfamily.com>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] udev and devfs
  • Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2004 07:32:01 -0800

On Saturday 27 March 2004 7:19 am, Craig Dyke wrote:
> Arwed
>
> Error I get is:
>
> init: error opening fifo
> rc: Booting to runlevel default...
> INIT_ROOT environment variable not set, using current directory!
> Error opening //dev/initctl: No such file or directory
>
> It stops hear nad the only action I seem to be able to take is to press
> ctrl-alt-delete
> and then reboot process kicks off.
>
> Craig

Someone on IRC (xeon-, IIRC) was having this problem also. It was determined
(although it could not be verified) that the problem was somehow related to
compatibility problems between a 2.6 kernel and a 2.4 kernel. Do you have
one of each?

--
Jason Flatt (jason @ flattfamily . com)
Father of five (http://www.flattfamily.com/)